Monday, October 22, 2007

Some more hippos, you know, for kids



Look at the consumer response time! For those clamoring for more, here are some additional shots of the hippos chilling in the hippo pond. The earlier image didn't really show just how many of these massive cow/pig/fish hybrids were around since most of them are simply lying in the water, occasionally taking a break to slap mud around, roll onto their backs (notice the pink belly), or twirl their ears. So, even though I like the walking shot from before, especially since you can see a herd of zebras/wildebeast in the distance, these pictures probably capture the life of the hippo more precisely. (The video shows some of these things too, but I'm not sure how well that technology works. There is a baby hippo swimming as well as some more general largeness/laziness. Don't mind my internal commentary)

3 comments:

Olivia said...

What wonderful animals! I am really enjoying these pictures, Abe, thank you for sharing them! It will be exciting to see what you find in Madagascar.

Tim_McManus said...

Are you sure these are hippos? They don't behave or look anything like the Hungry Hungry Hippos that I know and love so well (and I am an expert, I was quite good at that game).

Ben said...

Are there any gorillas with lasers on this safari? It would mean a lot to me if you could add some lasers.