Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hyper-Arboreality



Hello again. So I've been mostly in office the last few days (with a nice respite at the UN Rwanda Genocide tribunal) which means fewer pictures. Still, there is a healthy reserve from days past. I realize that there has been an animalist bias on the site thus far, so, in response, here are some nice looking trees. These trees are mostly from the Arusha area - a local state park and a neighboring town called Tangiru. I didn't really get any good baobab shots, as I couldn't explain to the initial safari team, particularly the Arushans among it, that I wanted to photograph trees, not just animals. Nonetheless, there's some good growth out there. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Ken and Micheline said...

the top one of these two actually looks like some kind of elephant-being that maybe got trapped while eating and then got absorbed/eaten by the tree....