Monday, October 22, 2007

Safari TIme




Hi everyone. So this will be my first post of pictures from my ongoing travels in Africa. I'm not sure how much I will post around, but hopefully I'll be able to at least get some pictures online from time to time. Maybe some journal ideas too. I've been up to lots of things here in Arusha (Tanzania, not yet Madagascar) - safari was my first weekend, but since then I've done some work in nearby villages and some teaching at a local orphanage/primary school.
Feel free to write me if you want more details than that. The only pictures I've really made thus far are of the safari weekend, and I'm not sure how many I can post, but here are some highlights.
These images are of small things: a dik-dik - sort of a tiny deer but with bigger eyes and lots of hops; a mother lion and her 2-week-old cubs as they work on a zebra; and a black-faced monkey cradling her baby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute! i didn't realize that you were leaving so soon! i'm sorry we didn't get to hang out before you left. keep us posted!

MissInformation said...

Onda, Lilly and I want more baby monkeys! We miss you and the pix are amazing.

captain birthday said...

oh my god! baby deer! and hippos spouting water in the air!

wow, abe, these are really amazing.

Leonard F. said...

videos of my cute african cousins, please! i want to see if they run faster than me.

Tim_McManus said...

Mmm. That zebra looks tasty.